Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Lack Of Stars Or Actual Celebrities In Shows Promoting Such People

Okay, it turns out the fourth season of Dancing With the Stars is set to begin. I have never watched the show, I simply don't think I would enjoy it. Well, either that or I'm scared I'd start watching it then become hopelessly addicted then lose any self respect or manliness I ever had. Well, seeing that a fourth season is beginning (I had no clue it'd even been on that long, dang!), I started thinking about other reality shows that involve said celebrities or stars. Celebrity Boxing, Skating With Celebrities, and Dancing With the Stars immediately came to mind. Let's name a few of the people featured on these shows...

Dave Coulier (Uncle Joey on Full House)
Joey McIntyre (New Kids on the Block member)
Todd Bridges (Willis from Diff'rent Strokes)
Danny Bonaduce (Danny Partridge from the Partridge Family)
Barry Williams (Greg from The Brady Bunch)
Drew Lachey (98 Degrees member and Nick Lachey's brother)
Kelly Monaco (actress on General Hospital and in Playboy a lot)
Willa Ford (released one cd in 2001 and was also in Playboy)

I don't think any of those people really qualify as real celebrities unless you go back a few years (or decades). I mean, I still wouldn't watch these shows if you put Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Tom Cruise, or Justin Timberlake was on the show. Mike Tyson though, maybe. I guess I have nothing to complain about since I don't watch any of these shows, but it just seemed odd to me...

(EDIT: I did actually watch Celebrity Boxing when it was on. I was younger and the thought of seeing a 7 and a half foot man (Manute Bol) fight an almost 400 pound man (William Perry) and seeing Screech and Horshack fight seemed like quality entertainment. It wasn't. FOX must've done a hell of a job advertising or something)

2 comments:

Jay said...

Hah, this is where they make their money when they get out of rehab.

josh said...

JOEY GLADSTONE!!!!







chamillioniare