Sunday, March 18, 2007

Unusual Marketing Strategies: The Japanese Edition

Jay just posted about the Japanese boy band Green Leaves and before that and since, we have been looking steadfastly for more and more Japanese entertainment. I recently stumbled across a Japanese commercial and Jay found another so I'm showcasing them here....



I've seen this commercial probably ten times now and I still have no clue what on earth he is advertising. Some people say it's an energy drink, others say beer, hot sauce, and one even said vinegar. Quite frankly, that information is irrelevant when you have something of this genius. Whatever it is, I would buy it instantly if I saw it. And once again, I simply can't fathom how he's gone from this to being the Governor of California. He should've used this as his campaign video, such a wasted opportunity...
Why is he so troubled he must leave?
How can he fly?
Why's everyone getting all happy at the end?



Nothing on earth can prepare you for that. I don't know if this is already going on in Japan or if it's hinting at a future civilization and either way, I'm not sure how I feel about it. That music in the background is so obnoxious and just plain odd too. I don't drink too much milk, but I may have to start soon. I just want to know what sookey means now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sookey might mean milk. Or boobs.